I am going to write a blog every weekend with quick thoughts addressing issues / commentary that do not require a longer blog:
1. Sean Hannity suggested on his show this week that Republicans need to be careful who they nominate in the future. I understand the sentiment that we need to have high standards for candidates to convey Conservative principles and beliefs but it is key that a transfer of power is in the direction of towards the American people and not towards any powerful leader. Also with the current direction of the GOP, that type of power could be used to replace Conservatives with more “establishment and moderate” candidates.
2. Bill O’Reilly suggested Republicans need to move away from being a pro-life party – I would suggest he look at this recent poll. Principles are not light switches – you can’t just switch them on and off.
3. In the age of technology, social networking and whistle blowers, I find it amazing how little the American people know about the attacks in Benghazi and how the President reacted. Today marks the 2 month anniversary of that faithful day and I hope you will join me in praying for the families and friends of the 4 Americans who died.
4. This week America learned that Iran shot at an American drone in International waters – and what was the response. No Press conference by the President and he played golf and plans to go on an overseas trip. This response is not good enough and the American people deserve better.
5. Lastly I would like to wish a Happy Veterans Day to all the brave men and women who have represented the Greatest Defender of Freedom in Modern World History. They sacrifice so Americans can have every day freedoms and on a day like this, it is only right every American salutes them and say “THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU”!